Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Our Script, Our Song

People tell their stories in different ways. Through art, song, dance, music, etc. Our stories are our past, experiences, our life. Our stories we share are a extension of us, in the fact that they share more about us and who we are. 


I found a quote that I think links to this perfectly, “May the bridges I burn light the way.” - Unknown. To me this means that we light our way, we may not be in control of our path, but we light it up. We make the connections and that we should light the way in our own way, may we make them our own.


I think that people are their own script, our own song. Our story, our script. We write what happens in our life and can add  and re-write things in. But sometimes we can't re-write or edit those things. Thats when we should light the way and make it our own. Try to make out something that is good or something you can learn from that experience. And afterwards, you may realize it was a good re-write. But life is our own. We have the power to make it, or break it. 



Song are a form of expression, they capture a specific moment or time. They express our feelings. Our love for one another, friends, family, hopes, dreams, It's all in their, in our story, in our song. I leave you wondering with what I have said. 




I would love it if you commented with your idea of telling your story. Thank you.



Sammie <3




Image Links:

genutsu.blogspot.com/2012/06/best-acting-school.html
http://genutsu.blogspot.com/2012/06/best-acting-school.htm

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sam. I think that your idea of story telling is really creative and original. I really like how nearly all of your posts have been related to acting. I also love how you used the quote 'we have the power to make it or break it'. It reminds me of the drama workshop we did last year! I like your idea of expressing your stories through songs, dancing and acting. I definitely have to agree with you! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much Rebecca. I thought that the ISTA Festival theme was a good link.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sam,
    Your quote was really interesting to read," we have the power to make it or break it." because it shows lots of determination through a person! Just like Rebecca said, I really enjoyed reading the idea of you expression your stories through songs, dancing and acting. I can see you have LOTS of passion for theatre~ :) Keep writing- Looking forward to reading your new post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nat! I'm glad that you can see my passion through my writing!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your blog post, Sam, because I think that it really relates to who you are as a person and your aspirations about the someone you want to be, for example a performer, etc. You did a really good job! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And just like I said to Nat, I'm glad that you see my passion and what I love through my writing and my posts.

      Sammie <3

      Delete