Search This Blog

Sunday 14 April 2013

Shower (Original Poem)

The fiery dragon weeps 
the hot tears 
that are the warmth to my 
isolated body. 

They disintegrated at the 
touch of my skin and 
fall off my fingertips 
leaving a trail of their past. 

My mind and my body are in 
two different worlds. 
My body experiencing the 
warmth of the waterfall, 
and my mind connecting the 
memory of pain to the 
heat on my body that is 
welcoming yet 
unforgivable.

This is another original poem I wrote a while ago. I wasn't sure whether I should post it or not because I'm not to sure if it's good enough but nevertheless, I have decided to. The inspiration behind it is actually a shower. I have used some metaphors and connections in the poem. I literally did think of this as I was showering and from there I added more on about the feeling and what it was like. Hope you guys enjoy it! Leave a comment on what you think of it and what I could to to make it better, or if you just liked it. 

Sammie <3

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are still writing poetry and sharing it. Your last two lines are haunting. Keep at it, okay.

    Ms. P

    ReplyDelete