Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 November 2012

The Truth Behind a Name

Our parents give us our names when we are born. They don't know yet what we will be like, look like, or act like when we are older. But somehow, they always get it right. Our names grow on us as we grow up and start becoming who we are today. We are still growing. We are always growing and expanding our minds to new knowledge everyday. Our names are a part of us and are something that we keep forever. Something that can never part from us. 
(Here are some of the names of people I know)
My name, Sam, most of the time is referred to as a boys name. News flash! It's not. Sam is a name for both girls and boys. But Sam is not really a real name. It is normally short for Samantha or Samuel. But it isn't for me. My full name is Sam. I do not wish it was Samantha because to me, Samantha is a posh name. I am not posh. I know for a fact that I am a loud, bouncy, energetic, and that I'm not the girliest girl. But that doesn't mean I don't like nail polish and doing my hair :) 

So to be honest, Sam does count as a real name. There is no reason why it shouldn't.  I want to end on the note that we all are our own person, our own name. Even though some people have the same name as you, they are a completely different person. 

Sammie <3

11 comments:

  1. Hey Sam, I really like the idea of this post and I really enjoyed it. I know what you mean about how names can sometimes be annoying. For me, it's the spelling. Loads of people keep spelling my name like: 'Rebbeca' and it gets really frustrated at times! I also really like the colourful picture. (Did you do it on Wordle?) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know that you can relate, and Im sure it is anoying when people spell your name wrong. Yes I did it on wordle :) (i spelt your name right :) )

      Sammie <3

      Delete
    2. SAM I TOTALLY AGREE THAT YOU AREN'T POSH BUT THAT'S ONE OF THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT YOU, YOU AREN'T AFRAID TO BE YOURSELF. ANYWAY LOVE THE TOPIC AND LOVE THE IDEA THAT MY NAME IS ONE OF THE SMALLEST (BUT THATS OK).

      FABOO POST

      SID

      Delete
    3. HAHAH! Thank you Sid :) I appreciate it! (not sarcastic) I always try to be myself, other then when I'm acting on stage as my character, but I will even then always put elements of myself there.

      Sammie <3

      Delete
  2. First of all-
    thanks for putting my name in the collage thing (I forgot what it's called) :3

    Second-
    I found your blogpost very strong and it showed your opinion on your name. Keep up the spirits and write blogposts like this, which are truly about feelings within you

    Love youuu x
    Aayushi (your bestieee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww! Thank you soo much Aayushi! Im glad you felt that about my post.

      Sammie <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the comments, and once you have read this post, add a comment on what your names means to you. I look forward to reading your responses!

    Sammie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Click here for the story of my name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Raisdana for sharing this video with me. The story behind your name is truly amazing! I think that your name is unique and special. Thank you :)

      Sammie <3

      Delete
  5. Hey! I really like your post and I also totally agree that our names grow on us. When I first met you I thought your real name was Samantha, but I was wrong. And to tell you the truth I love the name Sam, it somehow fits you perfectly!
    Vartika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Thanks so much Vartika! Im glad you liked the post!

      Delete